All-On-4 is a revolutionary treatment that was created to be efficient and cost effective to restore the whole mouth. Whether you are missing some or all teeth, or you suffer from advanced gum disease or have broken down teeth, All-On-4 can be the answer.
It is basically as the term suggests, 4 dental implants in each arch that holds all the teeth. Giving you a fully functional mouth which is also aesthetically pleasing. No need for bone grafting or multiple procedures over a long period of time.
The Key Benefits of All-On-4 in Melbourne
All-On-4 dental implants at Melbourne clinics offer a number of benefits, some of which include:
- An improved quality of life
- Ease of maintaining the implants
- Ability to eat better without restrictions
- Quick recovery
- Permanent results
- Ability to speak articulately
How is an All-On-Four Implant Different from a Traditional Implant?
While both All-On-4 and traditional implants are ideal long-term solutions, All-On-4 dental implants are recommended specifically for patients who have a large portion of their missing in the upper or lower jaw. Where traditional implants need a stable jawbone to support the implants, All-On-4 implants can be placed even without sufficient support.
All-On-4 also does not require the need for bone grafting, which makes it convenient for patients who need excessive treatment. Rather than requiring an implant per tooth like in a traditional implant, All-On-4 implants make use of just 4 implants for each arch in the mouth. The implants used are essentially small posts like screws made from titanium and are surgically placed in the jawbone.
The treatment and recovery time is also significantly lesser than that of a traditional implant.
The Process of All-On-Four Dental Implants at Casey Smiles in Melbourne
- Initial consultation with Dr. Mo. He will assess whether you are suitable for the All on 4 treatment. We may take a Cone Beam Scan (CBCT) to also assess bone levels and measurements.
- A diagnostics appointment with our laboratory technician is usually 2 weeks prior to surgery. This appointment is important as we will discuss capabilities and your expectations, and will also take measurements in the form of photos and impressions of your teeth.
- On the day of surgery, you will come to our clinic, where you will most likely be put under a general anaesthetic for your procedure. We will remove any remaining teeth and place the All on 4 implants. Once you have recovered enough, you will go home to rest.
- The day following the surgery, we will have you come in and try on your new teeth in wax. We can make any adjustments if necessary to your new teeth at this appointment.
- On the 3rd day after the surgery, we will insert your new teeth.
Maintaining Your All-On-4 Implants
Maintaining your All-On-4 implants is no different than keeping your natural teeth in check. Brushing and flossing twice a day can go a long way in preventing tooth decay and gum disease. Cleaning the implants daily will also ensure that there are no further complications to deal with that could put a hole through your funds.
WHAT OUR Patients SAY ABOUT US
Book An Appointment Today!
Whether you’re seeking a dentist for a general cleaning or are interested in major work and restorations, we’d love to speak with you about your options.
Book An Appointment Today!
Whether you’re seeking a dentist for a general cleaning or are interested in
major work and restorations, we’d love to speak with you about your options.